The year is coming to an end and that means it’s time for me to tell you which books I enjoyed most in 2020! It was a very crappy year for most of us, I think, but reading has really been a refuge for me, and I’ve read some amazing books. In total, I read 75 books (possibly to become 76, but I’m not counting on it) and my average rating of the year is 4 stars, which is so good!
I’m going to give you my ten favourite books of the year, in no particular order apart from the first two, which were my absolute favourites. If you want to know why these books have made my list, please check out the video!
- A Different Drummer by William Melvin Kelley
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley
- Call Down the Hawk by Maggie Stiefvater
- A Closed and Common Orbit and Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers
- On a Sunbeam by Tillie Walden
- Circe by Madeline Miller
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
- Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo
What are some of your favourite reads of 2020? Do you spot a favourite on my list? Please let me know about your reading year so we can chat in the comments!
Also, I just want to take this last post of 2020 to thank you for your continued support of Books Baking and Blogging – it means a lot! The blog has grown quite a bit over this past year and writing posts, developing recipes and filming videos has definitely brougt me a lot of joy in 2020. So, thanks for sticking around!