Hello book lovers and/or baking enthusiasts, and welcome to my blog!
I’m Anne, I’m 24 years old and I live in Groningen (a city in the northern part of the Netherlands) where I’ve been born and raised and did my degrees in English and Writing, Editing and Mediating. I love books, baking and writing, so in 2013 I decided to start this blog – it’s all pretty straight forward over here on Books Baking and Blogging.
My all-time favourite books are Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë, The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster and the entire Harry Potter series (by J.K. Rowling, obviously), which I’ve loved ever since my parents started reading it to me before bed every night. I also have a very special place in my heart for Matilda by Roald Dahl. Newer favourites include Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Oh, and I’m also deeply in love with Sarah J. Maas’ Throne of Glass series.
I could go on like this for a while, but let’s skip to the baking part.
I can’t remember when I started to bake (more regularly than baking cookies with my mother once a year, that is). I vaguely remember buying my first baking book but was I already baking by then? Is that when I started baking? Did I leave it on my shelf for ages before using it? That sounds like me, but who can tell? In any case, baking has become sort of therapeutic for me. If I’m stressed it calms me down to make something from scratch and just focus on that instead of my problems. The eating part helps too.
On this blog you’ll find recipes for all kinds of baked goodies as well as book reviews and other bookish posts and occasionally some random ramblings about my life.
Random Rapid-Fire Favourites
- TV show: Friends! Also Orphan Black, Gilmore Girls and This Is Us
- Film: La La Land
- Colour: Red
- Song: Romeo & Juliet – Dire Straits, Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd, Doolin Dalton-Desperado (reprise) – Eagles
- Instument: Guitar! I play acoustic myself, but electric guitar music can make my heart hurt (but in a good way – like books)
- Game: The Sims 2 – I still play it very regularly
- Word: Mittens (don’t ask me why – I don’t know)
- Authors: J.K. Rowling, Rainbow Rowell, Sarah J. Maas, Emily Brontë, Paul Auster, John Green, Roald Dahl, Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- Genres: Fantasy, Contemporary, YA, Mystery/Detective, other books that are cool
- Food: Pizza, always pizza
- Drink: Mojito, yummmm
- Bakes: Muffins and brownies
Also find me here…