Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
We don’t really celebrate Halloween here in the Netherlands, but the blogosphere makes it very difficult to forget about this holiday! Not that I mind — it’s a lot of fun to read about all the Halloween-y bakes and books. This week’s topic for Top Ten Tuesday is also Halloween related: Top ten characters who I would totally want to be for Halloween. Since this is purely hypothetical, I’m pretending I can pull of impersonating all of the following characters (including the male ones).
As always, this is in no particular order.
- Hermione Granger (from the Harry Potter series). She will always be one of my favourite characters, and I’d take any excuse to dress up as her and get away with it!
- Elizabeth Bennet (from Pride and Prejudice). Those dresses are just so cool, I’d love to be able to wear one at some point.
- Edgar Allan Poe. Okay, so I know this is not a character, but wouldn’t this just be the perfect Halloween costume? Creepy yet hilarious.
- Katniss Everdeen (from The Hunger Games trilogy). She’s just so badass! Plus, I want to walk around with a bow and some arrows. That would be so cool.
- Godot (from Waiting for Godot). This one is sort of obnoxious, really, but I had to snigger when I thought of it. This “costume” would mean just not showing up at all.
- Cathy Earnshaw (from Wuthering Heights). Again, the cool dresses, and Cathy can be kind of scary as well. I think it’d be really fun to try to look like her.
- Willy Wonka (from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory). The ridiculous costume would be a lot of fun, plus, I’d get to eat candy the entire time.
- Sherlock Holmes. I think I could pull off the long coat and the weird hat. Oh, and the pipe!
- Effie Trinket (from The Hunger Games trilogy). The weird clothes and make up, I love it!
- Luna Lovegood (from the Harry Potter series). Same reason as the first one, actually. I think dressing up as Luna would be even more fun, since you can go all out with the weird jewelry.
That’s my top ten! Who would you want to be for Halloween?
Also, I quickly wanted to mention the fact that today marks the one year anniversary of Books Baking and Blogging! It’s exactly a year ago that I posted my very first recipe, can you believe it? I’ve been loving blogging ever since! Thanks to everyone who’s been following me or occasionally reading my posts. I love you guys!
Not yet following Books Baking and Blogging? You can find me on all sorts of platforms. Check the sidebar on the right for the links!