Spring officially started yesterday, and I couldn’t be happier about it! We had a couple of sunny days last week here in the Netherlands, and they were glorious. Biking around town without a coat on (and without getting cold, obviously) is the best feeling around this time of year. Or maybe it’s having lunch in the sun on a roof top terrace… Yep. That was definitely better than the biking.
And what better way to celebrate Spring than with a delicious, fresh and fruity baked goodie? Lemon and blueberry are perfect flavours for a sunny day, and these blondies are packed with both of them. I also added some white chocolate chips for an extra sweet little bite, but you could leave those out as well if you prefer. With or without the chocolate or the sunshine, these blondies have such a rich taste they can clear up any cloudy day.
You’ll need… (for about 20 blondies)
- 150 g butter (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 150 g light brown sugar
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 150 g blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 100 g white chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla flavouring
- a baking tin (mine is 20 x 24 cm)
- and an oven, of course! These blondies need to be baked at 180 °C (don’t forget to preheat your oven!)
So, let’s get baking!
1. Mix together sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla flavouring Melt the butter, and mix it together with the light brown sugar in a large bowl. Then also add the eggs to the mixture one by one, as well as half a teaspoon of vanilla flavouring. Mix it all together with a spoon or a whisk.
2. Add flour and baking powder Now you’ve got to add the flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir it through. I usually sieve my baking powder before adding it to the bowl, since it can be quite chunky.
3. Add lemon juice and zest, blueberries and chocolate chips Next up, it’s time to add the flavours that make these blondies so delicious! Add the juice of half a lemon and the zest of the entire lemon. Also add the blueberries (I used fresh ones, but you can use frozen ones as well — just make sure you’ve defrosted them) and the white chocolate chips. Gently mix it all through the batter with a spoon.
4. Pour batter in tin and bake! Grease and flour your baking tin, and then pour the batter into it, dividing it evenly over the entire tin. Put the tin into your preheated oven and bake the soon-to-be blondies for about 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. The blondies should be golden brown on top.
5. Leave to cool before cutting the blondies Make sure the blondies have sufficiently cooled (10 to 15 minutes) before cutting them into squares.
And there you have it! Your own delicious lemon and blueberry blondies. Enjoy!
8 thoughts on “Lemon and Blueberry Blondies”
you just made me hungry…
Oops, I’m sorry… 😉
This looks absolutely delicious!! I am so eager to make this now on my next day off. Thanks for the great recipe 🙂
Thank you very much! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. You are very welcome! 🙂
Oh my, lemon, blueberry AND white chocolate chips?! I’m drooling..
Haha, I’ll take that as a compliment! 😀 They were REALLY good…