We’re nearing the end of March, so it’s time for another monthly recap! This month, I finally finished Jane Eyre and The New York Trilogy, and read three other books besides those two. Quite a good month, I’d say. Hopefully I can keep up this reading pace in April as well!
Bought this Month
I ordered a few books from the Book Depository (back in February, I think) and I received them at the beginning of the month. I bought a new version of The New York Trilogy, and figured I’d order Eleanor & Park and Scarlet straight away as well. You know how it goes…
Read this Month
As I said, I finished reading Jane Eyre, which I loved, and I also finished my reread of The New York Trilogy, one of my favourite books and the novel I’m using for my bachelor’s thesis. This was actually my first experience with an audiobook, and although I didn’t dislike it, I do still prefer actually reading books.
If I Fall, If I Die started off really well, but became a bit unrealistic during the second half of the book. Still enjoyable, though!
And then, two books I’d been wanting to read for ages, Throne of Glass and Anna and the French Kiss. Both 5-star reads for me, I absolutely loved them!
Reviewed this Month
- I read Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk back in January, and thought it was magnificently insane.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë really impressed me, especially because of the way Jane is portrayed.
- I thought If I Fall, If I Die by Michael Christie describes mental illness really well, but could’ve done without the bizarre adventure.
Baked this Month
- These Peanut Butter and Banana muffins make for a delicious breakfast!
- Spring is in the air, and these Lemon and Blueberry Blondies are perfect to celebrate its long-awaited sunniness.
Other Posts this Month
- In my first post of the month I talked about my top ten favourite books from the past three years.
- I also shared with you the top ten books on my Spring TBR.
- My favourite post this month was this one, in which I talked about the difference between reading in Dutch and in English, and which one’s my favourite (can you guess?)
- For this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, I took a trip down memory lane and told you about the top ten books from my childhood and teen years I’d love to revisit.
And that’s all that happened on the blog this month! I’ve just started reading Gone Girl, and am already intrigued…