Books Baking and Blogging is 2 years old!
Today, the 28th of October 2015, marks the second anniversary of Books Baking and Blogging! I’ve had an absolute blast over the last two years, and honestly, it feels as if I’ve been doing this for much longer than that. It’s become such a big part of my life that I can’t even really imagine not doing this anymore.
I know quite a few bloggers host some sort of give-away for their blogiversaries, but I have neither the money nor an adequate ability to plan ahead, so that’s not happening. Instead, I thought I’d create an extra blog post this week with a list of my favourite posts from the past two years! It’s always fun looking back, and there are quite a few posts I’d like to put in the spotlight for a little bit. So, here we go…
My Top 5 Favourite Recipes
Wow, apparently I’ve posted over 50 recipes since I started this blog! You can imagine picking only five was very difficult, but here they are! You can click on the pictures to go to the blogposts.
Top 5 Favourite Bookish Posts
While the vast majority of my bookish posts are book reviews and I really enjoy writing those, there aren’t any in particular that really come to mind as being my favourites. It’s usually the books themselves that I remember most, not the reviews. So I decided to just pick my five favourite bookish posts in general.
- My review of The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: That one was especially fun to write, because my father was looking forward to it so much (it’s his favourite book).
- On Chick Lit: this was the very first discussion post I wrote, back in December 2013.
- Why I Love YA: I wrote this one recently, and massively enjoyed it! I also got some nice comments on it.
- Judging a Genre By Its Cover: shortly after writing this, I finally read Throne of Glass and learned never to judge a genre by its cover again.
- My review of The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster: After writing this review I went on to write my BA thesis about this novel and fell in love with it even more. It is now in my top 3 of all time favourite novels!
Top 5 Favourite Life Posts
As the name of my blog suggests, I mostly write about books and baking, but once in a while I like to blog about some other stuff as well. These are my favourite off topic posts!
- Robin Williams and Mental Illness: This will probably always the post I am most proud of. I laid bare quite a bit of myself in this post, and I don’t regret it one bit.
- Short Story: For Infinity: At the start of 2014 I entered a short story competition, and my story was one of the last 10, which all ended up in a published collection together. So I guess, technically, I’m a published author?
- Left My Heart In London: London is my favourite city, and I love looking back at the pictures in this post and reminiscing.
- How I Came To Love Baking: This was the very first post I wrote in the “Life” category, and it’s still one of my favourites.
- 100 Happy Days Challenge: Okay, so this isn’t one post, but an entire tag… I had so much fun doing this challenge and posting a recap of it every week! It felt weird choosing just one random post out of the 14.
These are some of my favourite posts! I’m off to eat some pizza and watch a few episodes of How I Met Your Mother with a friend now – seems like a pretty good way to celebrate my blogiversary to me!
Oh, and one last thing: thank you all so much for reading my blog! Without you, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t have stuck to it for two years. So, thanks! You guys rock!
18 thoughts on “Blogiversay Post: My Favourite Posts”
Congratulations! And what a great idea for a bloggiversary post 🙂
I’m off to check out some of those past posts now. But I remember the mojito muffins very well indeed. I still haven’t had a chance to make them, but I will one day. Such a good idea!
Thank you very much, Claire! It seemed like a fun way to look back on everything. 🙂
Ohh, those mojito muffins… I’m still so proud of those, haha! Thanks again for your lovely comment! 🙂 I really appreciate it!
Happy 2 years! We started at around the same time (my 2 year mark is coming up in November). I gotta try that bundt cake! 🙂
Thanks, Naomi! Still not tired of it either, I take it? Blogging is the best! 🙂 Let me know how it turned out if you do!
Happy Blogerversary, a great way to celebrate and remember. Here is to many more posts and many more blogging years.
Thank you, Amanda! 🙂 I’m still loving this blog, so let’s hope I’ll get to do it for a very long time still! 🙂
Thanks, Heidie! 🙂
You’re welcome dear 🙂
Happy Blogiversary! And look how much you have set up & created in those two years, wow! Cheers to you! *holds up imaginary glass*
Thank you Emmie! ❤ I'm pretty proud of it ^_^ *clinks imaginary glass with own imaginary glass*
happy 2nd blogiversary 😀
Thank you! 😀
Congrats-many more years for you to continue blogging. Cheryl
Thank you, Cheryl! Let’s hope so! 🙂