I’ve got a good one for you today, guys. I wasn’t planning on baking anything this weekend and then I had a huge craving for chocolate, and that could only mean one thing. Time to bake something extremely delicious with way too much sugar. Which is how I ended up with these Chocolate Oreo M&M Cookie Bars.
These bad boys pack a chocolate punch. I’ve thrown in Oreos, M&Ms and chocolate chips. As if those first two weren’t enough to get you on a sugar high. The more chocolate, the better, right? My initial plan was to bake Oreo and M&M cookies, but then I figured I had to let the dough cool in the fridge for at least an hour and that was way too much hassle for me on a lazy Saturday. Then I remembered these cookie bars by Averie Cooks, and all was saved.
I modified her recipe a little bit and threw in some extra chocolate, with these super easy, super yummy cookie bars as a result!
You’ll need… (for 20 bars)
- 120 g butter (melted)
- 220 g light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavouring
- 2 medium eggs
- 150 g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 120 g Oreos
- 80 g M&Ms
- 50 g chocolate chips
- a baking tin (mine is 20 x 24 cm)
- and an oven of course! These bars need to be baked at 180 °C (don’t forget to preheat your oven!)
1. Mix together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla First, melt the butter in the microwave. Take a large bowl, and mix together the sugar and butter until it’s smooth, then add the eggs and the vanilla flavouring and mix it all together with a whisk or a wooden spoon.
2. Add flour and salt Add the flour and the pinch of salt to the mixture and mix it through.
3. Add Oreos, M&Ms and chocolate chips Break the Oreos in rough pieces (one Oreo into about three pieces) and add it to the mixture together with the M&Ms and chocolate chips. Mix it all through with your spoon.
4. Spoon batter into tin Grease and flour your baking tin carefully (the mixture tends to stick) and then transfer your batter into the tin. Spread it out evenly over the tin, or as evenly as possible.
5. Bake! Put the tin into your preheated oven and bake the mixture for 20 to 25 minutes. Check if it’s done by inserting a skewer – if it comes out clean (or with a few crumbs) it’s done. Take the tin out of the oven and let the cookie bars cool down completely before you cut them in about 20 pieces.
And that’s it! Your deliciously unhealthy cookie bars are done – enjoy!