Yikes, January is over already! I kind of forgot about February this week… It wasn’t until yesterday that I realised that it had already started. Whoops! Oh well, time’s an illusion anyway, but let’s not get into that right now. January was a fun but busy month! It marked the end of the first semester, so I had deadlines and an exam and those kinds of things. I’ve passed all my courses quite beautifully, though, so I’m a happy camper! Next up: my Master’s thesis – quite daunting, but exciting as well.
As for the blog, I think I’m going to think of a new posting schedule, because I’m having trouble with the whole Thursday and Sunday thing. I’m thinking about instating one day or afternoon for blogpost writing, so I have something to put up every week. Also, I want to read more! Since I’m busy with the research for my dissertation, I don’t have a lot of time for casual reading, so that sucks… Hopefully I’ll get around to all those thing in February!
Read this Month
I absolutely loved Heir of Fire and Career of Evil! They are part of two of my favourite series and I’m really looking forward to reading more. I probably won’t get around to Queen of Shadows anytime soon, but I do have it waiting for me on a shelf, so at least I can look at it, I guess…
The Perks of Being a Wallflower was a reread for me, and I enjoyed it, but I’m still not blown away by it. It’s a good novel, though!
Reviewed this Month
- I took part in the blog tour for The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald and wrote this review about the book.
- Little Beach Street Bakery by Jenny Colgan is about a bakery in a small town by the beach – my kind of book!
- Rainbow Rowell has become one of my favourite authors over the past year, and Attachments was another win for me.
Baked this Month
- These pear and raspberry turnovers and they turned out pretty darn good!
- I was craving chocolate one Saturday this month, so I baked chocolate Oreo M&M cookie bars and they are so good.
Other Posts this Month
- On the first of January I looked back on 2015 and my blogging goals and resolutions – I did pretty well!
- A few days later I posted my 10 blogging resolutions for 2016.
- I wrote a post on rating anxiety in which I wonder if I’m critical enough when it comes to reading and rating books.
And that’s it for this month! If you want to stay up to date with what’s going on with me, you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram. I’d love to have a chat with you on there! Or down here in the comments, of course. I hope you all had a great month!