Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
Now that I’m back, I can do these again too! This week is officialy Beach Reads Week for Top Ten Tuesday, meaning books you want to read on the beach, or those you’ll put in your beach bag and all that. Seeing as I probably won’t go to any beach this summer, though, I decided to just turn it into my top ten books I want to read this summer, which I was planning on making anyway.
So, here goes, in no particular order!
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee – I’ve been meaning to read this for a while now, ever since I bought a beautiful hardcover edition for only 10 euro. I’ll probably read it within the next two weeks!
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas – This one’s been on my shelves ever since my birthday in October, but after reading Heir of Fire a few months ago I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Really excited to start it, though!
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas – Same goes for this one, really, although it’s been on my shelves for a little less time.
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins – I took Isla with me on my vacation a few weeks ago, but didn’t get around to it… Can’t wait to get back into that feel good vibe I get from Perkins’ books!
- Splintered by A.G. Howard – I got this as a gift from my Secret Santa (organised by The Broke and the Bookish) this winter, but haven’t read it yet. I’m excited to start a new series, though.
- NW by Zadie Smith – I bought this over a year ago when I was in London and still haven’t read it! A friend of mine read it recently, and she really liked it, so I finally want to give it a go this summer.
- The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells – I’ve got a really pretty Penguin Classics edition of this (you know, the orange one), which I bought on a flee market. Confession: I kind of only bought it because of its role in Orphan Black… Want to know what all that’s about!
- In the Presence of the Enemy by Elizabeth George – This is book 8 in the Inspector Lynley series. I love these books, but they’re long and complicated, so I only read about one of them a year.
- My Husband’s Wife by Jane Corry – This is the first physical ARC I received! It’ll come out in August, so I’ll have to read it before then. It looks really cool, so I’m looking forward to reading it.
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll – A few friends of mine berated me last week for having never read Alice or seen any of the film adaptations. Nope, not even the Disney one… So that’s got to change! Technically these are two stories, but I got them in one book, which I bought on the same trip to London as I did NW.
Honourable mention: When I was writing up this list after having already made the collage, I realised The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater isn’t on it! It should’ve definitely made the list, though, because I’m really looking forward to reading it after having heard so many good things about the series.
And that’s it for my list! Are you going to read any of these books this summer? Have you already read any of them? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!