We’re over halfway through 2016! June was the first month of my summer vacation, and I spent it doing very little of anything (which was pretty great, mostly). I’m not really sure why, but lately I’m having trouble thinking of fun blog posts besides the usual reviews and recipes. Perhaps it’s because I’ve been working on my story idea and the blog has become less of a priority? I don’t know, but I want to change it! Hopefully, in July I will have some more interesting posts for you.
But first, let’s recap what did happen on the blog in June!
Read this Month
I finally finished reading The Amber Spyglass, and was a bit disappointed after really loving the first two novels in the trilogy.
But then I went on to read Isla and the Happily Ever After and absolutely adored it! It did not disappoint at all and I couldn’t stop reading.
And then for something completely different, I read The Island of Dr Moreau by H.G. Wells, after Orphan Black, one of my favourite TV series, had gotten me very intrigued and curious about it. I liked it, but was mostly weirded out (which, to be fair, fits pretty well with Orphan Black).
Technically, I finished reading The Assassin’s Blade in July but I read most of it in June, so it’s in this recap. I loved reading these novellas about Celaena Sardothien’s past! It sheds so much light on everything that happened to her and what is hinted at in the series. Now I’ve just started reading Queen of Shadows, so that I’m ready for Empire of Storms in September!
Reviewed this Month
- The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson is the first book I read with transgender main characters and I really enjoyed it.
- I finally read Winter by Marissa Meyer at the start of May and got around to reviewing it this month – I absolutely loved it!
- Sense and Sensibility is the third Jane Austen I’ve read, and I quite enjoyed it.
- While I loved the first two books to Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials, the last one, The Amber Spyglass, was a bit disappointing to me, unfortunately.
Baked this Month
- I baked what might have been the best cookies I’ve ever made: Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies.
- Meringues have been on my baking bucket list for quite some time, and I finally gave it a go last week.
Other Posts this Month
- I did the impossible and ranked all seven of the Harry Potter books!
- After not posting for over a week, I made a list of things I want to do this summer, and shared it with you.
And that was it for this month! If you want to stay up to date with what’s going on with me, you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram. I’d love to have a chat with you on there! Or down here in the comments, of course. I hope you all had a great month!