Another month gone! A short one this time, though. Looking back, it appears that I have read very little in February. Oops! I guess that’s what you get for reading two books at the same time — neither one gets finished quickly. Oh well, better luck in March, I guess.
I did read quite a lot of literary criticism, since I have started the course for my bachelor thesis. I’ll be writing about Paul Auster’s New York Trilogy, and I’m quite excited about it, actually! I’m also quite nervous and stressed out about all of it, though, but I’m sure everything will be all right. I just hope I’ll have enough time to catch up on my TBR! Participating in this Read-a-Thon at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer might be a good idea…
Anyway, let’s get on with the recap!
Read this Month
As I said, I didn’t read a lot this month. For my BA thesis course I read Lord Arthur Savile’s Crime, which is a short story by Oscar Wilde (and only about 26 pages long). It was quite an enjoyable read, and it’s also been fun to take a more in depth look at it in class.
The first novel I read in February was a Dutch one, called Liefde bij Wijze van Spreken (literal translation: Love in a manner of speaking) by Yves Petry, which was a good read. The prose was especially beautiful.
Last but not least, I finally read Cinder by Marissa Meyer, and loved it! I ordered Scarlet already, and can’t wait to read that one.
I’ve been reading Jane Eyre ever since February 12, and I’m still not even halfway through… It’s not because I’m not enjoying it, I really am, but I just haven’t found the time to read it a lot since then. That’s partly due to the fact that I’m also rereading The New York Trilogy at the same time. I’m actually listening to the audiobook, and this is my first audiobook experience. It’s quite nice, but I think I do prefer just reading the novel myself. It’s nice to give my eyes a bit of a rest, though.
Reviewed this Month
- In December I read Joseph O’Neill’s The Dog, but I didn’t enjoy it at all.
- I loved Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl, though, and raved about it in this review!
- After looking forward to The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith for months, it didn’t disappoint one bit.
- The same was true for Marissa Meyer’s Cinder, which I loved a lot!
Baked this Month
- I baked a Victoria sponge cake with strawberries for my father’s birthday. Definitely a winner!
- Chocolate cravings + overripe bananas = this delicious banana chocolate brownie recipe.
Other Posts this Month
- There are a lot of books I can’t believe I haven’t read, so for this Top Ten Tuesday I decided to focus on classics.
- I found out that I judge entire genres by their covers, and wrote a post about this.
- Earlier this week I shared with you a top ten of my favourite fictional heroines.
And that’s all that happened on the blog this month! I hope to be reading some more of my TBR in March. Let’s at least finally finish Jane Eyre this week!