September is over and it is now officially autumn (has been for over a week, but shush). I don’t really mind autumn – quite like it actually – but the rain that’s coming with it isn’t exactly my favourite thing in the world. Oh, who am I kidding, this is the Netherlands – it always rains here.
Anyway! September was a great month! I’ve started my Master’s degree and have been enjoying it very much. It has taken me a bit of time to adjust to actually having to study again, which means I’ve had a bit of trouble with really keeping to my blogging schedule. I’ll just have to see how that works out. For now, Thursday’s post might appear on Friday a bit more often than not.
I’m very much looking forward to October! I’ll be turning 22 next week, so there’ll be some birthday shenanigans happening, which are pretty much my favourite type of shenanigans. Then, at the end of the month, it’s Books Baking and Blogging’s second birthday! I’m not sure yet if I’ll do something special for that or not. We’ll all just have to wait and see! Either way, it’ll be a fun month for sure.
Read this Month
This month was a good month, reading-wise. I finished reading Elizabeth George’s Playing for the Ashes, which I enjoyed very much. I also finally read Crown of Midnight and absolutely ADORED it (raving review to come…).
I had to read The Heart of Redness and Oryx and Crake for my modern literature class and really enjoyed both of them. I’ll probably post reviews for both of them as well sometime soon.
And then there was Cress… I actually finished reading it yesterday, which is technically October, but it felt weird not to include it in this recap. Cress was SO good! I had quite the book hangover yesterday and I cannot wait for Winter to come out. I need to know what’ll happen next!
Reviewed this Month
- I read Summer on the Cold War Planet in August, and the setting of the Cold War together with a tiny village in Greece made this quite an interesting read.
- Roald Dahl is one of the best storytellers the world has ever seen, in my humble opinion, and he proves that once again in Kiss Kiss.
- I love me a good murder mystery, and Playing for the Ashes by Elizabeth George certainly delivered.
Baked this Month
- At the start of the month, I baked this walnut apple cake as a spur of the moment experiment. It was delicious!
- I felt like baking a marble cake this month, and came up with this beauty: a chocolate orange almond marble bundt cake. Quite the mouthful, and very tasty.
- Last weekend, I decided to try making French macarons again… It took me two batches, but they were quite a succes!
Other Posts this Month
There was only one other post this month, but it was quite a fun one, I think! I wrote a post about why I love YA so much. It has Disney gifs! That’s always a good thing, right?
And that’s it for this month! If you want to stay up to date with what’s going on with me, you can follow me on Twitter and Instagram. I’d love to have a chat with you on there! Or down here in the comments, of course. I hope you all had a great month!