One of my blogging resolutions for 2015 was to start doing a monthly recap of all my blog posts and life and books in general. I was planning on posting the first one on Saturday, but due to some unexpected stuff happening I didn’t get around to it. So, here it is, finally!
Bought this Month
Back in December I ordered some books from The Book Depository for the first time, since I still had some birthday money to spend. And what better way to spend money than on books? I’ve been wanting to read Anna and the French Kiss and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe for ages, and after deciding to start reading outside of my comfort zone I thought reading Cinder and Throne of Glass would be a good start. The Silkworm doesn’t really need any explanation, I think, since I’ve been whining on about wanting to read that one ever since I read The Cuckoo’s Calling. As for If I Stay; I thought it would be time I read a Gayle Forman novel!
Read this Month
Thanks to Bout of Books, my reading year started out really well! I read five books this month, which is above my average from last year. I finally read We Were Liars, and adored it! Love Hurts was a bit disappointing, but I really loved Invisible Monsters, Fangirl and The Silkworm.
Reviewed this Month
- I talked (or flailed) about my reread of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, which will always be one of my favourite books ever.
- The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer had been on my TBR for ages, and really impressed me.
- I thought Love Hurts was going to be amazing, but it kind of disappointed me.
- Finally, I wrote a mysterious review about We Were Liars by E. Lockhart, which I adored.
Baked this Month
- For Christmas, I made a Strawberry and Raspberry Tiramisu (but only posted it in January).
- And for my father’s birthday I baked a Mango Tart (with passionfruit and apricot), which tasted amazing!
Other Posts this Month
- January started off with a Happy New Year post, in which I looked back on 2014, and set some goals for 2015.
- In the first week of this month I participated in Bout of Books, and posted daily updates as well as a wrap up post.
- I wrote in my diary every single day in 2014, and shared my experiences on doing so with you in this post.
- Of course, there will be a lot of Top Ten Tuesday posts again this year! My first one was on 2014 releases I wanted to read but didn’t get to.
- This month I also got tagged to do the Reader Problems Tag, so… I did!
- One last thing: I finally set up my own rating system, and made a page about it to explain it (although it’s not exactly rocket science or anything).
And that’s it for this month! I’m thinking about including a section on what I did each month (with pictures from Instagram perhaps) in future recaps, but I’m not sure yet. Would you guys be interested in reading that?