Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
It’s been ages since I last did a Top Ten Tuesday! I simply haven’t had the time because of all the university shenanigans (otherwise known as a bachelor’s thesis). But now my holidays have started, so I have all the time in the world again! This week’s topic is my top ten books I’ve read so far in 2015. As of yesterday, I have read 22 books so far this year, so I had to choose just under half of them, which wasn’t that hard since I’ve read some pretty good books! In Goodreads terms, there are four 5-star books on this list and six 4-star books. However, I gave Fangirl 4 stars and can’t remember for the life of me why. In my head it’s definitely a 5-star read!
As always, these are in no particular order (although… the 5-star reads are the first four). The links lead to my reviews of the books.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas This was my first foray into (YA) fantasy and I absolutely loved it. I think this is the only book I gave an Adored It rating so far this year. I’m desperate to read the other books in the series, but I’ll first have to get my hands on them…
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell This book had been on my TBR for a long time and it did not disappoint in the slightest. I loved Eleanor & Park. Beautiful, beautiful story.
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart Oh, I was wrong before! I gave We Were Liars an Adored It rating as well. This book blew my mind and Lockhart’s writing style had me mesmerised.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins I’m still baffled as to why I love this story so much, but I did. I finished it in about a day, which rarely happens (especially not when I have an exam the next day…). Anna was the breath of fresh air I needed that day.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Like I said before, I can’t remember why I gave this book 4 stars, because it’s definitely a 5-star read for me. I love how Rowell deals with anxiety in this story, and this is exactly the kind of book I would read and reread when I’m feeling down. In fact, I’m going over to Goodreads right now to change that rating.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë After having this book on my bookshelf for years, I finally read it – and I loved it! Those Brontë sisters sure were talented.
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton This is a big book and it took me quite a while to get through it, but it was definitely worth it. I am so impressed with what Catton managed to do with this story.
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith I am always a sucker for anything written by my favourite author of all time and this was another hit for me, even though it didn’t become a true pageturner until the last 70 pages or so.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer Like Throne of Glass, this was a book I read as part of my “reading out of my comfort zone” resolution. It definitely paid off, because I love this series.
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer Perhaps I should’ve just put these two as one, but now I’ve already made the graphic to go with the post so I’ll just leave it. Scarlet really takes the story to the next level from Cinder. I love that it gets quite a lot darker in this story.
And that’s my top ten books I’ve read this year so far! Are any of these books in your top ten as well? Let me know!
32 thoughts on “Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far In 2015”
Bah so many of my favorites are on your list. Eleanor & Park, Fangirl, Anna, We Were Liars … you’ve read some great books this year!
Thank you! I adored those books. 🙂
YESSSS to Throne of Glass and Anna and the French Kiss! I have Cinder checked out from the library in audio format, so I hope to get to that one soon.
I hope you like Cinder! I love how it’s a sci-fi fairytale retelling – it makes it recognisable, but still different. Can’t WAIT to read more of the Throne of Glass series! And Lola and Isla are still on my TBR as well! Thanks for commenting 🙂
AH! Read Lola soon! That one is my favorite of the three. 🙂
I loved Cinder and Scarlet! My list: http://booksthething.com/2015/06/30/top-10-tuesday-top-ten-books-ive-read-so-far-in-2015/
Me too! Can’t wait to read Cress and Winter. 🙂 Thanks for commenting!
I’m looking forward to reading The Luminaries, glad you enjoyed it!
I’m already looking forward to your review of it! Very curious to see if you’ll like it too. 🙂
I’m about 2/3 of the way through Jane Eyre at the moment, and I can already tell that it’s going to make my Top 15 of 2015 list at the end of the year! This is a fantastic list! 🙂
That’s so good to hear! I didn’t love it as much as Wuthering Heights (which is my all time favourite book), but it’s definitely a very good one 🙂
Fantastic list! Jane Eyre is one of my favourite books of all time! 🙂
I read Anna and the French Kiss last year and I have to admit I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It was definitely a good book to get me out of a reading slump.
Thank you! I loved Jane Eyre, but Wuthering Heights will always be my favourite Brontë sister novel. 🙂
Same! I’d read so much about it, but due to the title and the premise I figured I might be a little too old for that kind of novel, but that wasn’t the case at all! There’s something magical about that book…
I’m in the middle of Cinder right now, and I can’t wait to move forward with this series! And I love the Throne of Glass series. I picked it up on a whim before I started blogging, so I had no clue what it was or that there was such a devoted fan base. Definitely a happy accident for me!
Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday list.
Glad to hear you’re liking it so far! 🙂 I’d never heard of Throne of Glass before I started blogging, but all the raving reviews had me interested. I’m so glad I gave it a try!
You’ve read some excellent books!! I adored Fangirl and Anna is one I love to reread. It’s like a romantic comedy in book form! The Throne of Glass and Lunar Chronicles series are both so great, I’m glad you gave them a try and liked them!! The books only get better. Crown of Midnight is amazing and Cress is my favorite. I always preferred Wuthering Heights but I’d love to read Jane Eyre again. Happy summer reading!
Thank you! I think Fangirl is one of those books I’ll be rereading loads throughout the years. It’s such a comforting book. I totally agree with you about Anna! Definitely a romcom in book form – and I love me a good romcom. I can’t wait to continue Throne of Glass! I’ve been itching to order the rest of the books… Same goes for Cress, really. Wuthering Heights is my all time favourite novel, so I’ll always love it more than Jane Eyre, but I definitely loved Jane Eyre too. Thank you, Morgan, you too! 😀
Great list! Fangirl and Anna and the French Kiss are two of my favorites. I’m hoping to read Throne of Glass sometime this summer because I’ve wanted to read it for a long time.
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian
Thank you! Ioved Fangirl and Anna! Throne of Glass left me wanting to devour the rest of the series, so prepare, haha!
Ahhh SO MUCH AWESOME HERE. I’m dying with happiness that you loved The Lunar Chronicles! *dances* THEY ARE THE BEST. I’m so so excited for Winter. Well. Part of me is sad, actually, because I really don’t want it all to end. :’) I adored Fangirl too. I think Cath is my spirit animal. PEANUT BUTTER. WRITING. INTROVERSION. Omg. This speaks to me.
I KNOW RIGHT?! I read some pretty awesome books. 😀 I’m glad I’m not caught up with the Lunar Chronicles yet, because now I don’t have to be sad about Winter yet! Cath speaks to me on a spiritual level as well. That book is like a comfort blanket!
Yay for Jane Eyre and The Luminaries! Both great books.
I really enjoyed both of them a lot! 🙂
Fangirl and Throne of Glass are amazing!! The rest of the Throne of glass books are fantastic!! I just got Cinder in the mail, so I am excited to start reading this one.(:
I adored Fangirl and Throne of Glass! Can’t wait to read the rest of the series… I hope you’ll enjoy Cinder as much as I did!
I’ve read and loved most of the books in this list! Seems like we have a very similar taste in books.
Here’s my post: http://millionbookmill.blogspot.com/2015/07/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-books-of-2015.html
Good to hear! These are all such wonderful books. 🙂 Your list looks like a very good one as well!
Fangirl is on my TBR list. I’m glad you gave it 5 stars.
I’ve nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Please only take part if you have time/are not bogged down with lots of other nominations/tags:
It took me ages to respond to my nomination! 🙂
Thank you so much for the nomination! That’s so sweet. 🙂 I probably won’t have time for it any time soon (lots of other nominations as well, like you said – and they’re not my favourite posts to publish), but I really do appreciate it!
No worries. I am terrible at writing these posts – just can’t think of anything to tell people about myself I think they might find interesting! 🙂