Welp, there’s another month gone! This month was a bit of a slow one when it comes to reading and blogging. I was dealing with a bit of stress and anxiety due to my thesis deadline coming closer, and I couldn’t really find a lot of time to read or blog. I was feeling a bit blocked when it came to writing blogposts, but that seems to be gone now! This is the second of three blogposts I am writing today, since next week I’ll be in Normandy, France, in a little cottage without WiFi! In fact, at the time you’re reading this I’m already there. Except if you’re reading this like a week after it’s posted. Then I’ll already be back. Anyway. Onto the recap!
Read this Month
Told you it was a bit of a slow month. Although I really liked it, Gone Girl took me almost three weeks to read. I just couldn’t really find the time to read a lot. Same goes for Scarlet, which I really loved! It also took me more than two weeks to read, though, while it’s really quite a quick read.
I started reading Eleanor & Park on Thursday (which it actually is while I’m writing this — this is so confusing) and I am loving it (probably will have finished it by the time you’re reading this)! It is so adorable, so far. Technically, I’ve been reading Dark Lies the Island since March, but I only read the first story so far. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish it in France!
Reviewed this Month
- I read Throne of Glass back in April and I ADORED it. It’s definitely a new favourite, and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series.
- Anna and the French Kiss is one of the most adorable books I’ve read.
- I was impressed by the complexity and darkness of Gone Girl — such an insane story!
Baked this Month
- These fresh orange muffins are a new favourite of mine: a perfect treat for a nice spring or summer day!
- I kind of fell in love with how gorgeous these tiny forest fruit tarts look, and they taste delicious, too!