Welp, there’s another month gone! This month was a bit of a slow one when it comes to reading and blogging. I was dealing with a bit of stress and anxiety due to my thesis deadline coming closer, and I couldn’t really find a lot of time to read or blog. I was feeling a bit blocked when it came to writing blogposts, but that seems to be gone now! This is the second of three blogposts I am writing today, since next week I’ll be in Normandy, France, in a little cottage without WiFi! In fact, at the time you’re reading this I’m already there. Except if you’re reading this like a week after it’s posted. Then I’ll already be back. Anyway. Onto the recap!
Read this Month
Told you it was a bit of a slow month. Although I really liked it, Gone Girl took me almost three weeks to read. I just couldn’t really find the time to read a lot. Same goes for Scarlet, which I really loved! It also took me more than two weeks to read, though, while it’s really quite a quick read.
I started reading Eleanor & Park on Thursday (which it actually is while I’m writing this — this is so confusing) and I am loving it (probably will have finished it by the time you’re reading this)! It is so adorable, so far. Technically, I’ve been reading Dark Lies the Island since March, but I only read the first story so far. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish it in France!
Reviewed this Month
- I read Throne of Glass back in April and I ADORED it. It’s definitely a new favourite, and I can’t wait to read the rest of the series.
- Anna and the French Kiss is one of the most adorable books I’ve read.
- I was impressed by the complexity and darkness of Gone Girl — such an insane story!
Baked this Month
- These fresh orange muffins are a new favourite of mine: a perfect treat for a nice spring or summer day!
- I kind of fell in love with how gorgeous these tiny forest fruit tarts look, and they taste delicious, too!
Other Posts this Month
- In The Week of the Baking Fails I talk about how I messed up trying to make a cake-in-a-mug and homemade marshmallows…
- I answered some Bookish Would You Rather questions and it was a lot of fun!
- This Top Ten Tuesday was probably my favourite one yet — it’s about book quotes!
4 thoughts on “Monthly Recap – April 2015”
Would love to hear what you think about the Kevin Barry, it’s supposed to be really good.
I still haven’t finished it, oops… I’ve read about three stories so far, and they were really good! I’m just a bit sad I have to read them in Dutch, because it’s for a Dutch site I’m reviewing it for.
Ooh, Normandy! I want to visit it some day – I’ve seen some seriously gorgeous pictures. Will you be posting any of yours?
Well, you’re way better than me in terms of putting what matters first – my academic obligations are looming ever closer and I’m like NOPE, this does not concern me. I know it will come to bite me in the butt but still…
Normandy is absolutely gorgeous! You’ve seen the pictures by now, sorry for the late reply, haha! It’s been because of all those stupid academic obligations. 😉